Oh SNAP! A Second Speciality Spotlight in the same day..?!?! What is this sorcery? I’m glad you asked! It’s Chaos magic! Let’s see what the video has to say:
“Speciality Spotlight – Chaos Magic: Working with Controlled Chaos
- Every time your Chaos abilities deal damage divisible by 8, you generate 2-4 Paradoxes.
- Once 8 Paradoxes have been generated, 1 of 3 types of Chaotic Effects is triggered.
- A Singularity creates Rifts in the Fabric of Reality around you which explodes dealing damage and knocking down enemies.
- an Enigma is a small beneficial effect applied on your enemy. Purging the effect or defeating the enemy will grant You and Your Team a much stronger version of that effect!
- Extra-Dimensional Doppelgangers are clones of yourself that attack your enemies.”
They’ve been pretty open with this particular weapon during the DevStreams so far, but now we know each of the Official Names of your Chaos Effects!
This is one of the ‘easier’ weapons to pick up for a new player based on the fact that what happens is completely random. But they do explain their comment of ‘Divisible by 8’ that I had no clue what they were saying before. When your Damage is Divisible by 8..! (8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, etc…) THAT is when you generate a paradox! They do state that when you generate a Paradox, you will generate 2-4 paradoxes at once. However, at :13 seconds into the video, they managed to generate only 1 paradox. So i’m not sure how accurate this is.
If Andy, Nicole, or even Romain read this, chiming in with a response to this would be greatly appreciated! (I’ll try to tweet this at them too.)
(UPDATE: The Tweeted response Indicates that some passives will have a chance to proc a single paradox. Which makes sense. I should have thought about that. I blame the rushed schedule releasing two of these in one day! Yeah, that’s the ticket!)
It has been stated before that your passives will help you control your procs better for this class, and once you start getting up there in levels, that’s when the fun begins for all you theorycrafters out there! It does seem like a fun weapon to Main, or even have as a secondary Weapon for backup.
This is a Tanking weapon, too, BTW. So expect the passives to give you more health and defensive stats.
Now… will they release the last one today as well? time will tell!
Thanks for stopping by! And I hope to see you in the Secret World!