Ever since the First DevStream, Shotguns have been noted as being one of the most advanced weapon types for new players coming in SWL. NOW we get to take a look at what all the fuss is about!
“Speciality Spotlight – Shotgun: Reloading your Heavy Munitions
- The Shotgun is loaded with 6 shells
- Using ANY shotgun ability will expend these shells
- Once these shells are depleted, every Shotgun ability will be replaced with a reload option for a randomized shell type
- There are 4 types of ammunition
- Armor piercing shells reduce the defense of your target
- Depleted Uranium Shells deal a large amount of Bonus Damage
- Dragon’s Breath shells apply a significant Damage Over Time Effect
- Anima-Infused Shells restore a Percentage of your Health”
So far this is the Spotlight with the most information given so far!
Since every weapon can be used as a DPS weapon, I can see the Dragon’s Breath and Depleted Uranium shells being used when extra DPS is needed.
Anima-Infused shells will be your ‘OH SH%#!’ ammo, but the problem will be making sure you can get to pull it up in time!
And Armor Piercing will be the Tanking Ammo of choice, being able to apply a Debuff that will reduce the Boss’ Defense!
The problem here is that you load your different ammo only when your weapon is empty. And then, the ammo available will be randomized! So their’s no guarantee that you’ll get the ammo type you want, when you need it!
Additionally, when do you run out of ammo? When you are in the middle of a fight. Not everyone will be watching when they run out of ammo to be ready to swap to a different ammo type, as they may be kiting the boss around, or trying to not get the group of mobs nearby as well or whatever reason. So you may end up with a completely different ammo from what you intended!
HOWEVER, this also does not take into account any passives or special abilities that may help you control what ammo types come up. So we’ll have to take a closer look at that once the NDA is lifted!
What do you think about shotguns? One of the new Tanking weapons for SWL! Let me know in the comments below! Or tweet to me @Anima_Nation.
Thank you for stopping by, and I hope to see you in the Secret World!